Stéphanie received a Master of Health Sciences in Occupational Therapy and an Honours Bachelor of Arts with Specialization in Psychology from the University of Ottawa. In 2017, she was recognized for her contributions to her community and received the Bourse nationale d’excellence. She is presently practicing occupational therapy in the Ottawa area and Prescott-Russell region and is licensed by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Stéphanie began her career as an Occupational Therapist (OT) with Expanding Horizons Occupational Therapy. Her most recent experiences include private OT services for children with sensory processing and fine motor difficulties. She also has over 10 years of experience coaching children and youth in gymnastics. Empathetic and curious, Stéphanie has a special interest in the area of child and youth mental health, self-regulation and sensory processing.
Stéphanie has training in various areas of pediatric occupational therapy including:
- ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Keyboarding Without Tears
- Self-Regulation: Pathways to Learning
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Practices in Post-Trauma Community Re-Integration
- Spiritual and Cultural Care: Culturally Responsive Mental Health Care for Refugees
- Motivational Interviewing
- Sequential Oral Sensory Approach to Feeding
- Sensory Processing and Self Regulation: Evidence Based Practices for Everyday Life
- Integrating Mentalizing and DBT for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Psycho-Sensory Processing Intervention