Lauren graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland with a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy in 2018. She completed her undergraduate studies in her hometown, at Memorial University of Newfoundland, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology.
Lauren began her career with Expanding Horizons Occupational Therapy as the administrative assistant and is now working as an occupational therapist (OT). She is currently practicing occupational therapy in the Ottawa-Carleton region and is licensed by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Lauren is a passionate & hardworking OT whose positive attitude & inquisitive personality aid her in harnessing new skills & honing her expertise through continued learning. In her spare time, Lauren enjoys traveling, being outdoors, physical activity & sewing.
Lauren has training in various areas of paediatric occupational therapy including:
- Handwriting Without Tears: Pre-K Literacy and Math; Pre-K; Readiness and Writing; K-5 Handwriting
- Integrating Mentalizing and DBT for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Sensory Integration 101: Developing a Sensory Lens to Enhance Your Practice
- Interoception, The Eighth Sense – Impact on Behaviour, Regulation and Positive Mental Health
- Engagement Strategies for Students with Attention Challenges: Lower Anxiety and Raise Confidence
- Teaching Students with Dyslexia: Early Warning Signs and Effective Intervention with Structured Literacy
- Sensory Diet
- Self Regulation
- Toileting, Interoception and Nutrition
- LivingWorks Start: Learning the Steps to Recognize Thoughts of Suicide and Engage Safety Resources
- Strategies for Improving Dysgraphia in Children with ADHD
- Foundations in Mental Health and Well-Being