Catherine received her Master of Health Sciences in Occupational Therapy from the University of Ottawa, and her Bachelor of Physical and Health Education from Queen’s University. Catherine is presently practicing occupational therapy in the Ottawa area and is licensed by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Catherine has experience working with children, youth and adults. Her most recent experience includes working in schools and in the community with children, as well as working with adults with mental health needs in a hospital setting. Catherine is an energetic OT who has experience with fine and gross motor assessments and interventions, as well as with self-regulation and sensory processing. Catherine has a special interest in the area of child and youth mental health.
- ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Becoming a Behavioural Detective: Understanding, Surviving and Supporting Complex Behaviours
- Emergent Literacy Development For Students with Complex Communication needs
- Motivational Interviewing
- Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp)
- Anxiety Interventions: Exposure therapy and relaxation skills training (CAOT)
- Occupation and Trauma: Expanding Occupational Therapy Practice
- Current Issues in Child and Youth Mental Health