Carolyn was born and raised in Ottawa and graduated from Queen’s University in Kingston with a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Ottawa, graduating with a Bachelor of Science, Honours in Human Kinetics.
Presently, Carolyn is practicing occupational therapy in the Ottawa-Carleton Region and is licensed by the College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario. She also holds membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Carolyn has experience working with children, youth and adults. She gained experience in mental health while working with adolescents in a hospital setting, and continues to work with youth with mental health issues in the community setting. She also continues to work in school health, addressing issues related handwriting and written output difficulties, sensory processing issues, self-regulation and attentional difficulties.
Carolyn has training in various areas of pediatric occupational therapy, including:
- Handwriting Without Tears: Pre-K Literacy and Math; Pre-K; Readiness and Writing; K-5 Handwriting
- Keyboarding Without Tears
- Collaborative Problem Solving- Tier 1
- Sensory Processing and Self-Regulation: Evidence Based Practices for Everyday Life
- Complex Mental Health Needs
- ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Motivational Interviewing
- Action-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: More Walk, Less Talk
- Sequential Oral Sensory Approach to Feeding
- Psycho-Sensory Processing Intervention